Friday, March 1, 2013

Stretch Goals

Hi guys, 

So I want to talk about the Stretch Goals for the Kickstarter campaign. I know that by the time this post is released we've already reached a lot of those Stretch Goals, but I just want to give my opinion on every single one of them.


First up was Apples & Penguins which would allow Red Thread Games to make a Mac and Linux verion of Dreamfall Chapters. I personally don't have Mac or Linux, but I am happy to see we've reached this Stretch Goal so that Dreamfall Chapters can reach a much broader audience.


The second Stretch Goal was The Loremaster. I was (and am) very excited about this Stetch Goal. I am the kind of player who walks around in The Elderscroll games reading all the books, gathering all the lore, so this addition to the game made me very happy, especially because the lore in this game is better than in any other games.


When the third Stretch Goal, A Longer Journey, was announced I just knew we had to reach it. Not just because it will bring back a long time favorite of mine, Abanaxus, but also because the mysterious Oular quicky grabbed my attention. 


The fourth Stretch Goal, "Mystery is Imporant Señorita" took me by surprise. Of course I remembered Lady Alvane, and the House of All World, but I never expected we would get a chance to go back there and explore in Dreamfall Chapters. Well played Ragnar, well played!


We haven't reached the fith Strech Goal yet, but we are almost there... Storytime, which essentially is a recap of The Longest Journey and Dreamfall in the form of an interactive Graphic Novel seems a good way to get new players into the saga.... and if there is one saga that desserves more players, it is the TLJ saga. 

There hasn't been a lof of information released about the next Stretch Goals, but with an improved soundtrack, more voice-overs, translations, an in-game gallery, and the ever mysterious TLJH there is more then enough reason for everyone to keep pledging, and upping those pledges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment