Friday, March 1, 2013

The first trailer

Hi guys, 

So it has been AGES since my last post. Like everyone else I have been following all the new Dreamfall Chapters information released on Kickstarter, but even though we learned a lot of cool things, I didn't have the time to write about it... Yesterday was a very, very important day as it saw the release of a new and amazing trailer.


I first saw this Trailer yesterday evening on my cellphone, I was pretty tired, and I was not as happy with the trailer as I should have been. Would I have written this yesterday it wouldn't have been very positive. But now that I have watched it again, and now that I can see the beauty of it, this post is going to be a lot more positive.


The trailer starts with an unknown woman (who sounds like the White Dragon) telling us that the Sky God has been looking for the Dreamer (Zoe). This omnious sentence confused me right away. At first I found it sounded generic, but then the fan inside me awoke, and I became curious about this "mystery". "Whose Dreams is she dreaming?"


After that the narrator explained the general story of the saga, while we saw some previously released footage again, and some new storytime footage at 1:14 as well. Eventhough this didn't give a lot of insight in the new game, it again made me realize how much I want this game, and how much I want this story to continue. 


At 1:46 the best part of the trailer began, introducing Zoe, who was lost in the Storytime, where every story begins... including this one. After that we saw more old and new footage of the game, accompanied by the amazing soundtrack, which couldn't have been more fitting for this trailer.


After showing the Elgwan and a very creepy robot, the trailer ends with: "Where have you gone to Dreamer? Whose story are you dreaming now?" So where has she gone? And what story will she be dreaming? We will have to wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment