Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dreamfall Chapters Announced part 1

Hi guys,

“O MY GOD!” was all I could say when I read the following tweet by @funcom_TSW on Novermber the 1st  of 2012. “RT @funcom: Pre-production begins on new game in The Longest Journey saga! #TSW Creative Director Ragnar at helm: ow.ly/eWhAP

I was slightly scared but VERY, VERY EXCITED when I clicked the link and read the article. What I found in there boils down to this: Ragnar created his own freakin’ company to make Dreamfall Chapters happen! You cannot believe the enormous smile that put on my head nor imagine the fact of the people that saw me jumping up and down in my house, but hey FINALLY the word is out, Chapters stands a chance again!  


- Ragnar’s company is called Red Thread Games, so I do wonder: what does this Red Thread represent? My personal theory is that the Red Thread are the stories because that seems to be the way it is in all his games. Curiously enough there also is a Secret World mission coming up in Issue 4 that is called The Red Thread…  Well played Ragnar, well played…
- Ragnar also mentioned the nail-bitting cliffhanger which immediately warped me back in time back to when I first finished the game... If anything the cliffhanger was nail-bitting (also frustrating for a lot of people), but I did really like it. I mean, Dreamfall’s story was about Faith and Faith’s story was very much over (although that what is hidden at the end of a certain song may be hinting it’s not). I was however very sad that the story was unlikely to continue as this universe deserves SO much better.
- They FINALLY admitted that Funcom has just abandoned offline games and the TLJ saga even though Ragnar hasn’t.
- He also mentioned the 6 year wait and I realized once more how FREAKIN’ long they have left us hanging, which makes it even harder to believe this announcement is real.
- This announcement has made me replay some parts of Dreamfall again: The story of Faith in the Sint Petersburg lab and Zoe’s Journey (with the conversation between Zoe, Emma en Charlie being the most important part of it) in Venice leading up to the point where she wakes up in Arcedia.
- I decided that I should fully replay both TLJ and Dreamfall first as soon as I get Dreamfall Chapters.


All of that got me excited real good, but I quickly found out there was more as I discovered the RPS interview that they had been holding back on...

-WorldsReunited

No comments:

Post a Comment