Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dreamfall Chapters Announced part 2

So yes… then there was the RPS interview with Ragnar which hyped me up even more. (The jumping was getting out of control by then.)


- First off all: They have got some money for the pre-production, but after that they will depend on us because they will use kickstarter. This made me smile even more, in in a good way. I always felt like the fans would have to become hero’s in order to save the Universe in a world where games are made purely to make money and well… it seems like we can all be hero’s right?
- Ragnar has been writing on a story from Dreamfall’s launch until now so he should have quite a lot of it fleshed out right?
- Ragnar mentioning “beyond” Dreamfall Chapter made me squee. I do think it is a bit unrealistic to look that far ahead, but hey I’m grateful nevertheless.


- Since they are still hiring I am SO going to try get at job at Red Thread Games, just like Codex did in the Guild. (luckily I do not see Ragnar turn into a meany like Floyd did any time soon so I should be good)
- I love how he puts focus on the story again (like he always does) and Ragnar do tell us more about the new and interesting things that are coming on the story side.
- Yay for no twitch combat or button mashing. And yay for crate pushing??
- Chapter will unite Dreamfall and The Longest Journey. That does sounds really good. They should aim at the people that played both games and liked them and players that loved TLJ, but did not like Dreamfall as much.
- Yay for no episodic format, but eh Ragnar—the title Dreamfall Chapters does not even include “The Longest Journey” anymore… Sure I get it, it’s the sequel to Dreamfall and about the chapters of life, but still.
- Him talking about faith and all the characters made me realize again how special this games really are.
- Ragnar thinks the time is right for a smart game. I hope he’s right cuz… that HAS been said before.

Overall I could really see in this interview that Ragnar has sticked to his roots, which lets me to believe that Dreamfall Chapters is going to be something REALLY special that is going to be added to my list of games that are very close to my heart.

-WorldsReunited

No comments:

Post a Comment